Principal Software Engineer
Are you excited about building a product that helps engineers ship better code?
Airbrake is used by thousands of engineering teams all over the world. We help engineering teams observe the impact of their code changes, monitoring errors, performance and deploys. Application monitoring for teams so they can find and fix problems quickly and continue shipping quality software with calm and confidence.
We care deeply about our users, the Airbrake service and especially our team. Backed by a great vision, we strive to make Airbrake a place where each of us is empowered to learn, grow and produce our best work.
Our team works remotely, and we look for the very best people, regardless of location. You can work where you live (or travel, or wherever), but of course we like to get everyone together in-person a couple times a year to build relationships and have some fun.
Most of our team work between Pacific (UTC-8) and Eastern European (UTC+2) time zones. It will be necessary for you to work within this range to ensure your working hours overlap.
We are looking for a highly experienced and capable software engineer to build and adapt our core data systems: data ingest, processing, APIs and storage. We will lean on your proven track record in delivering high performing scalable systems, to scale our platform and support our product roadmap. You will be a critical and senior member of an ambitious 12-person team working to grow the business significantly and continue to delight our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- You have 10+ years of software development experience.
- You have proven skills in designing, developing and delivering large scale, high performing, scalable production systems.
- You have extensive experience designing and managing large database solutions, preferably with PostgreSQL.
- You are an expert at scaling backend systems.
- You are an expert programmer, proficient with Go.
- You are experienced with Application Monitoring tools. Big bonus points for experience building APM systems.
- You are comfortable working with AWS, Linux, and configuration management software, preferably Ansible.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating and sharing your knowledge.
- You have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- You are adaptable, driven and have a desire to make great things happen.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of our core data systems. APIs, data ingest, data processing and storage.
- Maintain, design, adapt and deliver the high-performing Go APIs and data processing that powers these systems.
- Collaborate with the CTO and the product team to understand and adapt to new and existing product requirements.
- Help mentor a small number of talented developers as they grow their engineering and Go skills.
- Document and share knowledge with the wider team.
- Be an important part in the success of Airbrake!
What we offer
100% remote work, unless you wish to work from our San Francisco headquarters.
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.